I started teaching this course in the late 1990s, then it was a 6 week course, as the years have passed it grew into a 13 week course held in the evenings. Now it has become a 4 month course held for a full day one Saturday a month, that is four full days. Upon completion of these 4 days, we then gather to celebrate an outdoor ritual in a stone circle in Wicklow, which is generally held on a Sunday afternoon. I generally run one a year in Dublin after the Spring Equinox. Occasionally, I run a second one in other areas of the country. The aim is to give a basic background and understanding of Witchcraft and Wicca. The syllabus is divided into modules as follows, and we basically do two modules a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- Introduction – Ethics and Beliefs
- History 1 – Ancestral History and Working with Deities
- History 2 – Christianity, “Burning Times”, Politics and the Rise of Modern Witchcraft
- The Sabbats, Wheel of the Year, the High Priest and High Priestess
- Magic Circle, Ritual, Working Tools, Power, Drawing Down the Moon and Sun
- Meditation, Reincarnation, Astral Projection, Thought Forms, Pathworking
- The Influences of Ceremonial Magic – Guest lecturer
The cost of this course is €200 and comprises all materials and notes. For information on when the next course is to be run please contact me and I will let you know. Please note that there are concessions available for those with financial difficulties, all you have to do is let me know. The price may vary if I am holding them in a venue which requires me to travel.
Please be aware that this is a general witchcraft course and in no way constitutes coven training, nor does participation in this course, or indeed any of the other workshops or classes that I run, constitute coven training or admission to Serpent Coven.
Numbers for the Dublin course are limited to 10 participants. Elsewhere in the country the maximum numbers can be up to 15, but will depend on the capacity of the venue.